During a Thursday morning press conference held at Otto Warmbier’s former high school in Wyoming, Ohio, University of Cincinnati Medical Center officials revealed that he is in stable condition but suffering from a severe neurological injury. The 22-year-old has been in a coma for more than a year, and it appears that North Korea attempted to cover up the real cause of his deeply disturbing brain injury.
At the instruction of President Donald Trump, the U.S. State Department secured Warmbier’s release earlier this week. However, just before he was flown back to the states, the rogue regime revealed that he had been in a coma since the day after he was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for “stealing” a poster during his visit to the country.
North Korea blamed botulism for Warmbier’s demise, a diagnosis that American doctors are flatly refuting.
The prognosis doesn’t look good for freed North Korean detainee Otto Warmbier.
At a Thursday afternoon press conference, doctors at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center revealed that much of the 22-year-old’s brain has died, leaving him without the ability to speak, understand language or even move – besides fluttering his eyelids.
The doctors appeared to refute the North Korean regime’s account that Warmbier went into a coma after getting botulism a day after he was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for stealing a poster.
Dr. Brandon Foreman said he ran tests that showed no signs of botulinum poisoning, an issue usually caused by eating improperly home-canned foods. [Source: Daily Mail]
“Even if you believe their explanation of botulism and a sleeping pill – and we don’t – there is no excuse for any civilized nation to have kept his condition secret and denied him top-notch medical care for so long,” Otto’s father said on Thursday.
Adding that the North Koreans have proven that they are “not nature’s noblemen,” Mr. Warmbier continued, “There’s no excuse for the way the North Koreans treated our son and the way they have treated so many others. We have been brutalized for the past 18 months with misinformation and no information. We’re just thrilled that [Otto] is on American soil.”
The Warmbier family has President Trump to thank for the release of their son, who was left to rot during Barack Obama’s presidency. Perhaps if the former Commander-in-Chief had cared a bit more, Otto would not be without the majority of his brain function right now.
During Thursday’s press conference, doctors repeatedly refused to comment on what the prognosis looks like for Otto Warmbier in the future, as his family has requested privacy on the matter, which leads us to believe things don’t look good for the 22-year-old. Please pray for a miraculous recovery for this young man, whose life was upended during a college trip to North Korea.