Mom Finds Baby’s Tiny Mouth Covered In Blisters, Diagnosis Destroys Life As She Knows It

Samantha Rodgers and baby Juliano (Photo Source: Facebook)

When an Iowa mother found her infant son with his tiny mouth covered in painful red blisters, she had no idea that he had come down with a life-changing condition. However, once she took the boy to a doctor, the diagnosis destroyed life as she knew it. Now, the mother is speaking out about the ordeal in an attempt to warn others before it’s too late for them, too.

Baby Juliano was just one-year-old when his mother, Samantha Rodgers, noticed that red blisters had begun to form around his mouth. Doctors initially diagnosed him with the flu. At the worst, they figured, he was suffering from an incredibly bad case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Unfortunately, though, they turned out to be wrong.

Juliano’s condition continued to worsen, with his blisters growing in size and becoming more painful as they spread to his neck and stomach. “His sores were growing onto his hands and his neck and his stomach,” said Samantha.

Iowa baby fighting cold sore infection

"Pretty much this person gave my baby herpes…but not intentionally." An Iowa mother is putting out a stern warning for other parents after her baby became covered in sores: http://10.wsls.com/2uND4uG

Posted by WSLS 10 on Monday, July 31, 2017

According to Liftable, doctors ultimately tested Juliano for herpes simplex type 1 virus (HSV), and to his mother’s surprise, the results came back positive. “They swabbed his mouth and tested it and it came back as he has herpes,” she said.

Samantha has no idea who gave her son the virus; there would be no way to know without gaining access to the medical history of everyone who has ever come into contact with little Juliano. Even then, it is possible that whoever infected him may not even know they are carrying the virus themselves. “Pretty much this person gave my baby herpes not intentionally,” said Samantha.

“It sucks because this is a life-long problem now every time he runs a fever, every time he’s sick he can have an outbreak, I don’t know how to handle this,” added the distraught mother, according to the Independent. “I am trying to do the best. It’s sad. It breaks my heart and I can’t do anything to help him,” Samantha lamented.

Samantha wants others to know that they must remain vigilant to protect their babies as best they can from this life-changing virus. “All I can say is just be cautious, it can be anybody – your best friend, your sister, your brother, or your mom, it can be anybody,” she said. “Everybody needs to wash their hands, sanitize if you see a cold sore or anything on them, just don’t let them come by your baby.”

Indeed, you can never be too careful, especially when it comes to the health of your children. While life has been altered for Samantha and her son Juliano, she is lucky her baby boy is still alive. Another family was not so fortunate when their infant daughter died from a similar ordeal at just days old. Life is so short and stories like this one remind us of just how precious and fragile our health truly is.

SHARE the story and leave a comment by clicking one of the buttons below. FOLLOW us on Facebook at Mad World News!

About That Conservative Girl 1301 Articles

That Conservative Girl is a millennial living in Southern California on a small farm in Cherry Valley. Passionate about faith, family values, and individual liberty, when she isn’t bringing you the news she’s listening to Merle Haggard and dreaming of Montana.