Mom Warns About Common Danger Lurking In Your Home That Left Toddler’s Face Disfigured

A mother from Kentucky was having a chaotic day when her life took a turn for the worst. While she was busy juggling a few too many things, her little girl found a common item that’s in everyone’s home and put it in her mouth. Now, the mom is warning other parents about this danger lurking in our homes before another child ends up disfigured just like her toddler.

Mom Warns About 'Ordinary' Danger Lurking In Your Home That Left A Hole In Her Kid's Face
Courtney N. Davis (left), her daughter’s mouth (right) (Photo Credit: Facebook/Courtney N. Davis)

Courtney N. Davis was going about her day when she realized that her 19-month-old daughter was eerily quiet. When she checked on her daughter, she was absolutely terrified as she saw her child putting something inside her little mouth that the mom normally keeps out of her toddler’s reach. Now, the little girl’s face has been left disfigured – all because of something that was completely avoidable.

The young mother has since turned to Facebook to warn other parents of the danger lurking in their homes that caused her daughter’s injury when she put it in her mouth — a phone charger. Just about everyone has one, if not many throughout their home. Anyone with a young child would want to prevent something as horrifying as this happening to their little one.

“So I wasn’t going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don’t think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children,” she wrote in her Facebook post. “On Sept 28th, my 19-month-old stuck my phone charger in her mouth. We went to the doctor who confirmed that it was an electrical burn. There was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it,” she explained in her post, along with the photos of her daughter’s injury.

So I wasn't going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don't think twice about…

Posted by Courtney N Davis on Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Davis also explained that she always keeps the phone charger out of reach of children, but she had slipped up due to her hectic day. “I didn’t have time to move it. It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it,” she heartbreakingly admits. “The one day it isn’t moved, she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn. She doesn’t feel it, thank God, hasn’t acted like it bothers her at all.”

As seen in the photos, six days after the initial burn, her daughter’s face was still disfigured by the burn that extends along the side of her mouth, damaging her lips. Although it looks severely painful, Davis has reassured her friends, family, and anyone else who reads her post that her daughter is seemingly unbothered by the burn. Regardless, no one wants anyone they love to have to endure such an avoidable injury that’s likely to leave scarring behind. So, in an effort to keep all little ones safe, Davis has sent out a simple warning.

“Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her,” Davis pleaded.

Being a parent is hard. There are dangers seemingly lurking around every corner and curious little minds are always trying to get into something they’re not supposed to. So, take note of Davis’ warning and keep your phone chargers and anything similar out of reach of little hands. If you know anyone who has a bad habit of leaving these ordinary items in reach of children, share this story before it’s too late. Children are a blessing from God, and the last thing any of us want is for them to get hurt over something that could have been prevented.

SHARE the story and leave a comment by clicking one of the buttons below. FOLLOW us on Facebook at Mad World News!

About Alisha Rich 1681 Articles

Alisha Rich is a true American girl who strongly believes in the core values that the United States was founded upon. As a conservative wife and mother, she’s passionate about the future of our country and intends to spread her beliefs through her articles. Feel free to learn more about her by following the Link below.