A Bangladeshi chef bought an abandoned building, and within a short time, he turned it into a thriving Asian cuisine pub. However, as soon as health inspectors discovered what extra ingredient he was adding to his dishes, officials scrambled to cordon off the restaurant and haul him off to court.
Bangladeshi native Mahbub Chowdhury not only had his pub and grill condemned for the sickening thing he provided customers without their knowledge, he’s been in trouble with authorities for the exact same offenses 10 times before and was never shut down. As soon as authorities found out that he was still using the same “special ingredient” in his recipes, they were forced to bring him in.
The Daily Mail reports that Chowdhury has pleaded guilty in Swindon Magistrates Court to serving up fecal matter on nearly every plate he prepared at the Yeahya Flavour of Asia, all because of what he claims are “cultural reasons.” Chowdhury admitted to wiping his backside with his bare hand each time he defecated, refusing to use toilet paper because of his religious beliefs.
The Muslim chef confessed to filling an empty milk bottle with water from the kitchen tap to pour over his backside after each time he used the restroom. This transported the fecal bacteria to the sink, counter, and eventually the food dishes which were set before to customers. The bottle was found to have brown fingerprints all over it, which were found to be feces.
“In the kitchen under the double sinks [they] found an empty plastic milk bottle which was extremely dirty and was covered with brown fingerprints,” prosecutor Rosie Heath explained. “When asked, Mr Chowdhury explained he filled the bottle with water from the kitchen taps and used it to clean his bottom after visiting the toilet. He did not use toilet paper for cultural reasons. Inspectors concluded the brown finger prints was faecal matter.”
Chowdhury pleaded guilty to 10 counts of breaching food hygiene regulations, but he still awaits sentencing.
As stomach-churning as the find was, this isn’t the first time Chowdhury has grossly violated health codes in his restaurants. In fact, he was fined more than $7,000 in 2015 for the same 10 offenses, according to the Swindon Advertiser. However, because of his politically correct excuse of “cultural” differences, he was never prevented from working in the food industry, much less opening his own eatery.
As a lover of Islam, which he publicly declares on his Facebook profile, Chowdhury was simply following the traditional way of using the toilet in Islamic and Hindu nations, as well as other South Asian or Middle Eastern countries. While this particular bathroom etiquette is not necessarily compulsory, it is a common practice among devout Muslims, especially migrants.
According to the Qadaa al-Haajah code, Muslims are to clean their backsides using water and their left hand. Many times they use a jug called a lota for filling and bringing to and from the restroom. Of course, this can lead to the spread of fecal bacteria, as was the case with Chowdhury, which is why it is pertinent that they wash their hands after defecating.
Still, many Westerners would feel at least somewhat uncomfortable shaking the left hand of a Muslim who practices this bathroom code, and rightfully so. Although Muslims argue that this exercise is more hygienic for their backside, it is certainly more unsanitary for their hands and fingernails.
From the burka to honor killing to simple hygiene, countless Islamic migrants have either refused to assimilate or simply find themselves unable to integrate because of “cultural reasons.” Still, they come from thousands of miles away, bypassing multiple safe Muslim nations to demand their barbaric Sharia law and cultural norms in the West, and we oblige, sacrificing our own culture and security. It begs our questioning at what point does culture supersede safety, law, and human decency.