Arizona Man Combats Creepy Spiders With Propane Torch, There’s Just 1 Problem With His Aim

(This post may contain disputed claims. We make no assertions as to the validity of the information presented by our Opinion Columnist. We are an opinion blog, not a traditional news outlet, and this post should be treated as such. Enjoy.)

A shocking story has emerged out of Arizona, where a Tucson man recently decided to combat the creepy spiders at his house who were moving in a little too close for comfort. Things truly took a turn for the worse when he switched from bug spray to a propane torch and suffered the consequences due to one huge problem with his aim.

Tucson residence set on fire by propane torch (background), spider (inset) (Photo Credits: Tucson Fire Department, Pixabay)

According to local news source KVOA, the incendiary incident occurred at approximately 9:19 p.m. on Sunday, October 15, 2017, in the 4000 Block of East Blacklidge Drive, near North Alvernon Way and East Fort Lowell Road. Whether the male resident was just plain bored and needed something to do or really hated spiders, local news source ABC15 reports that he crawled under the mobile home he shared with his elderly mother with a propane torch and went to work, killing spiders.

Now, this might not seem like such a bad idea for those of us who have never lived in a mobile home, but this gentleman must have known or had an idea of how flammable mobile homes are. Every year, a number of people lose their lives or homes due to a knocked over lamp or dried out Christmas tree inside a mobile home. Sadly, the male resident startled several of his neighbors as smoke started to billow from his mobile home after his war on the creepy spiders had taken a turn for the worst.

The man had accidentally aimed the propane torch too close to flammable materials under his mobile home and set it on fire. In what was supposed to be a good plan for killing most of the spiders under his house, the man ended up nearly destroying his home entirely. When fire crews arrived, they discovered that the man’s elderly mother had already been carried out of the residence by her son and a friend. The elderly woman had reportedly suffered minor injuries from being carried out of the mobile home.

By the time 23 firefighters started putting out the blaze inside the engulfed mobile home, flames were coming out of the windows and had reached the roof of the structure. It took approximately 11 minutes to put the fire out, according to local news source WTXL. Investigators confirm that they suspect the fire was started by the male resident who was using a propane torch to burn spiders.

No need to beat around the bush on this one, guys. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and where there’s a guy using a propane torch to kill spiders, there’s an accidental arsonist. Sadly, the mobile home was so badly damaged that the man and his elderly mother have been displaced and are now being cared for by the Red Cross. Fire officials said that open flame burning is not permitted within the Tucson City limits, and for good reason. I think it’s safe to assume that the man succeeded in killing all of the spiders under his mobile home, it’s just unfortunate that he destroyed his home in the process.

About Dan Lindsey 1037 Articles
Dan Lindsey is a nationalist political writer who supports the constitutional rights of Americans. Borders, language, culture, and the right to bear arms are of the utmost importance to him.