In an interview with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell, former Vice President Joe Biden claimed that Donald Trump has “dumbed down” the presidency. Well, it only took seconds for Biden to get served with a brutal reality check.
Joe Biden’s comments to MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell this week were a curious thing coming from someone who holds a reputation as having delivered more gaffes than seemingly any other politician. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has certainly given Biden a run for his “Gaffe Master” title over the years, but her slip-ups appear to be more “brain malfunction” than sheer stupidity.
“And you look at him and wonder what in the heck is he talking about,” Biden said to Mitchell. “From the first day, saying that the largest crowd ever at an inauguration, to talking about things that are simply not true. But it’s almost like it’s — it’s been dumbed down so much almost like it doesn’t matter.”
When Mitchell asked Biden point blank if he thought Trump was a liar, Biden said, “Look, I’m not going to call the President of the United States a liar. He does not tell the truth. He’s not accurate in much of what he says.”
Former Vice President Joe Biden claimed Thursday that Trump has “dumbed down” the presidency.
Biden, a potential 2020 candidate for president, told Andrea Mitchell in an interview that Trump “does not tell the truth.”
“He’s not accurate in much of what he says,” Biden told Mitchell. “There have been so many misstatements, deliberate misstatements.”
Biden, who has a reputation for his colorful language and turns of phrase, said Trump’s language has “dumbed down” the presidency. [Source: The Daily Caller]
Sadly, this is a man who is considered by the Democrats to be a potential candidate for the presidency in 2020. I suppose this would be good news for Republicans, as Biden would be easy for Trump to beat. The man hasn’t even mastered the simple lessons that toddlers are taught in kindergarten, like keeping their hands to themselves. Indeed, if anyone could “dumb down” the presidency, it would be Creepy Uncle Joe.
Joe Biden’s brutal reality check came in the form of a list of some of the overwhelmingly stupid things he has done over the years. Here are the top 5:
5. “When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened,” said Joe Biden in an interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008. He is apparently unaware that FDR wasn’t president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time.
4. “Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me,” said Joe Biden while speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008.
3. “Look, John’s last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs,” said Joe Biden in Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008.
2. “Stand up, Chuck, let ’em see ya,” said Joe Biden to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, in Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008.
1. “This is a big f**king deal!” said Joe Biden while caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony in Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010.
Joe Biden should probably reconsider his habit of throwing stones. After all, you know what they say about those who live in glass houses.