Man Goes Into Bathroom, Pulls 5 Feet Of Nastiness Out Of Body After Eating Food Many Enjoy

(This post may contain disputed claims. We make no assertions as to the validity of the information presented by our Opinion Columnist. We are an opinion blog, not a traditional news outlet, and this post should be treated as such. Enjoy.)

A California man recently experienced the unimaginable after feeling the urge to use the restroom. Unfortunately for him, things would take a turn while he was using the bathroom when he ended up pulling 5 feet of utter horror out of his body — and it all came from a common food than many people enjoy.

Man Goes Into Bathroom, Pulls 5 Feet Of Nastiness Out Of Body After Eating Food Many Enjoy
Stock image (left), a recent patient’s picture released to the public by Dr. Kenny Bahn (right) (Photo Credit: Screenshot/YouTube, Dr. Kenny Bahn)

The shocking ordeal was revealed by Dr. Kenny Bahn, who came forward to tell the story of an unnamed patient at Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno during a “This Won’t Hurt A Bit” podcast, a program that iTunes describes as “The medical podcast for your cortex and funny bone.”

However, the incident that Dr. Bahn would share with the world isn’t so much funny as much as it is a downright nightmare that all started when an unidentified man felt the urge to use the restroom. So, he headed to the bathroom, where, unbeknownst to him at the time, things would immediately take a turn for the worse.

According to the man, he was left in horror after realizing that something wasn’t quite right. In fact, you can imagine the thoughts that went through his head as he looked down into the toilet to see that he had bloody diarrhea. However, things were far from over, and the bloody bowel movement would prove the least of his worries.

Upon moving, the unfortunate guy felt something unusual dangling from his rectum and immediately sought to investigate what it was. However, when he reached back and felt it, he explained that he thought his “guts were coming out” of his anus.

Things only got weirder when the man decided to begin tugging on whatever it was that was hanging from his body. Shockingly, that’s when he noticed something else — it was wiggling. Not feeling any pain, he continued to tug until 5 feet of utter nastiness had come out.

Man Goes Into Bathroom, Pulls 5 Feet Of Nastiness Out Of Body After Eating Food Many Enjoy
The patient’s image released to the public by Dr. Kenny Bahn (Photo Credit: Dr. Kenny Bahn)

Much to his surprise, he immediately recognized the culprit as a parasitic worm and wrapped it around a nearly empty toilet paper roll before heading down the hospital. Once there, he complained of blood in his stool and quickly told doctors, “I really want to get treated for worms.”

Come to find out, the guy had been eating raw salmon in the form of sushi “almost every day” for quite some time. Dr. Kenny Bahn states that he was skeptical that the man had a tapeworm inside him until he saw the proof.

“I take out a toilet paper roll, and wrapped around it, of course, is what looks like this giant, long tapeworm,” Dr. Bahn recalled on the podcast. According to Mail Online, when doctors then unraveled the tapeworm from the roll, they found it to be an “astounding 5-and-a-half feet.”

Man Goes Into Bathroom, Pulls 5 Feet Of Nastiness Out Of Body After Eating Food Many Enjoy
The patient’s image released to the public by Dr. Kenny Bahn (Photo Credit: Dr. Kenny Bahn)

The man was reportedly relieved when it was confirmed that the parasite he found inside himself was actually a tapeworm, and he was able to be treated with a pill that would expel any other unwanted guests within a few days.

After being questioned, the patient swore that he hadn’t left the country but did reveal that he ate raw salmon pretty often. Fortunately, that was all Dr. Bahn needed to know in order to figure out how the worm ended up inside the man.

According to NY Daily News, “The CDC reports that there has been an outbreak of Japanese tapeworms in Pacific-caught salmon.” Unsurprisingly, the man involved in this gut-churning story has since sworn off salmon after what he experienced — and there aren’t too many people out there who would blame him.

With our health standards being what they are, cases of tapeworm here in America are relatively rare. However, there is usually one thing which all cases that do occur tend to have in common, and it’s the fact that someone ate raw meat beforehand. I don’t know about you, but that’s all I need to know in order to stay away from anything uncooked. So, cook your meat to the recommended safe internal temperatures because no one wants to pull 5 feet of worm out of their backside. And, don’t forget to share with all your friends who like their meat rare.