Meghan Markle is utterly distraught following the stunning events that culminated last night as a “bizarre ordeal” erupted, leaving her jilted. Now, the Queen is silent as the tragic events unfold in front of the entire world. Many saw this coming as Prince Harry tries to console her with only 3 days left to decide if the royal wedding will go forward.
Meghan Markle’s dad is refusing to walk her down the aisle, and the shocking news reached the actress by way of the celebrity tabloid TMZ. After Thomas Markle, Sr. was caught staging photos for the paparazzi, he apparently had a major meltdown yesterday.
This news rocked Kensington Palace as every step in the royal wedding has been planned. When the palace finally confirmed the story, it seems like the wedding is in a “virtual holding pattern.”
“Thomas Markle tells TMZ, he meant no harm to Meghan or the Royal Family when he made a deal to allow a photo agency to take pics of him getting ready for the wedding. He says he had a reason and it was not principally about money.”
Markle then told TMZ he had suffered a heart attack six days ago and is “popping valium for the pain.” He dropped the bombshell that he’s now decided not to go to the wedding because he doesn’t want to “embarrass the Royal Family or his daughter.”
Really shocking is Kensington Palace’s response to the TMZ report. A spokesman said, “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”
Royal watchers were stunned that the palace was caught flatfooted by the TMZ report. It seems Meghan’s dad had been left alone to deal with the crazy paparazzi, and we mean crazy. The Daily Mail reported on his every move 24/7 with 8-10 cars trailing Mr. Markle, alleging his heart attack did not happen.
Like detectives hellbent on catching a criminal the tabloids have been relentless. The Daily Mail reported, “On Wednesday, the day after the 73-year-old allegedly left the medical center, he began an epic 24-hour round trip to Los Angeles, leaving home at 8.30pm and crossing San Diego’s San Ysidro border shortly afterwards.”
The day after he says that he had a heart attack, the paparazzi hounded him all the way to Los Angeles where he went to McDonald’s, KFC, the pharmacy, and left a gift at Meghan’s mom porch for Mother’s Day.
— Savannah Bergoglio (@Irina92650727) May 15, 2018
They go on to give exact details of his every move for the next 24 hours. It appears Meghan did not give him much support with friends saying she probably should have taken a couple days to go see him before the wedding.
This was too much for the Queen who has washed her hands of the entire event. As for Meghan, it’s not looking too good. “Meghan Markle pleaded with her father to walk her down the aisle after he apparently pulled out of Saturday’s wedding because of the faked photographs,” reported the Daily Mail.
Palace insiders said the bride-to-be was distraught late last night after troubled reports reached her about her father’s poor health and Prince Harry is extremely stressed since Meghan does not want to accept that he won’t be there.
I'm a bit blah when it comes to the Royal family, but the Daily Mail running a story on the betting re' who'll walk Meghan Markle down the aisle if her dad doesn't, is low. The poor girl must be devastated. pic.twitter.com/2JsZ4H5R3d
— Karen K FBPE (@48mojitos) May 15, 2018
Royal watchers are saying why not have her mother, Doria Ragland, step in and walk her down the aisle? That has been met with utter silence from the palace, meaning they aren’t on board. Citizens of the United Kingdom are sick and tired of the whole thing.
“Richard” from Lancaster, United Kingdom wrote, “He probably said he had a heart attack to get the press to leave him alone. Poor man paid for his daughter to get a career and now he is being hounded. No wonder he doesn’t want to go and who could blame him? Leave the man alone DM before you cause his death!”
— IDK (@HRHPrincessOM) May 14, 2018
“Miserable Pensioner” from the U.K. wrote, “Meghan encouraged Harry to issue the first outrageous PR when absolutely no one had either heard of her or knew they were an item in her bid to snare him. He like the patsy he is has been doing what she tells him all the way through. It is no wonder so many senior courtiers resigned last year when this was being played out in private.”
Nate from Dublin, Ireland wrote, “The problem is that he is a prince and it is her third wedding. Common sense should prevail and they should have planned a wedding in the Caribbeans, without white dress, pageantry, and castles. Only a millionaires wedding which is already something that 98% of the population cannot dream of.”
What a circus. Looking back now, a more private low-key event probably would have been the way to go. As one Londoner pointed out, the PR machine for this wedding has been in overdrive with Kensington Palace putting out announcements about everything from the florist, the baker, and which pop stars will perform.
Now, Meghan’s jilted at the altar by her father, and the big royal wedding has officially turned into a crazy train wreck with only 3 days to go.