Once again, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez proved that she is a gift to conservatives. While pushing her socialist ideas in an interview, she insulted a large portion of America. It was similar to when Hillary Clinton referred to Trump supporters as “deplorable.” Not taking the slander sitting down, angry Americans were quick to put her in her place.
In recent months, Democrats have championed Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, mostly out of fear. When she stole the primary from 10-term Joe Crowley, New York Democrats were worried about their own seats. They feared more far-left socialists would knock them off their thrones.
Naturally, the liberal online media love her. That’s because they are mostly soy latte-sipping Millennials who need socialism. Otherwise, they’d never be able to afford moving out of their mom’s basement.
In recent weeks, Americans have discovered just how out-of-touch and uninformed Ocasio-Cortez is on the issues. Even her big socialist dreams don’t make much sense. CNN’s Chris Cuomo asked her to explain how she’d pay for free health care, tuition, and housing. Ocasio-Cortez, for her part, had no answers.
“Well, first of all, the thing that we need to realize is people talk about the sticker shock of Medicare for All,” Ocasio-Cortez responded.
“They do not talk about the sticker shock of the cost of our existing system,” Ocasio-Cortez said.
“And we’re also not talking about why aren’t we incorporating the cost of all the funeral expenses of those who die because they can’t afford access to health care,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “That is part of the cost of our system.” [Source: YouTube]
Uh, what? Does she think about what she says before it comes out of her mouth? Even in Bernie Sander’s home state, they rejected the “Medicare-for-all” idea, because of how expensive it would be. Most Americans are learning that Uncle Bernie’s socialist paradise is just not realistic. And they’re moving on.
Ocasio-Cortez just isn’t helping her side. In a recent interview, she tried to prop up her ideas by going after “upper middle class” families. You know, that “evil” bracket most people would like to be a part of. But not only did she make a hilarious gaffe, she insulted a large swath of Americans.
On Tuesday, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez explained that American soccer moms with two vans, were, like, so over.
This comment came in the context of falsely explaining that the American upper middle class — the fastest growing class in America, in reality — had disappeared (presumably in a chemical fire or something). She stated:
“What I honestly think that it is that we have not had a party that has been investing in its own future. So we have people who are constantly fundraising for their own re-election. The average age of a House Democrat right now is 65 years old. … Their heyday was in the 1990s when you know, like, kids had like, furbies, and like, parents, you had like soccer moms had, like, two vans, and like … that’s not America anymore.” [Source: Daily Wire]
Clearly, this New York politician has very little in common with most of America. She is campaigning against her own party with the fundraising comment. Not a good strategy, Alex. You need those 65-year-old Democrats to give you a leg up.
And what was with that jab against soccer moms? Is she attacking full-time moms? Is she mocking Midwesterners? I guess nobody drove vans and took kids to soccer after 1999.
I don’t know about you, but few “soccer moms” owned two vans. Like, ever. One van is expensive enough! Soccer moms have to afford Botox injections, martinis with the neighbors, and pet-grooming bills, right? At least that’s how Ocasio-Cortez likely sees it.
But real Americans were not impressed.
- “She is a perfect example of someone who has never ventured out of a major city to see what the rest of America is like.” -Richman
- “She like, knows everything there is to, like, know about like, like, you know……” -edgeoutlawed
- “Can you imagine her in a subcommittee…’I like, totally want the guy from Florida to yield, to like, my point of order’. Good times…as we rush headlong into the movie ‘Idiocracy’.” -johnb33
- “I myself would take interest in New York’s 14th Congressional District, which includes the eastern Bronx and northern Queens. What were these people thinking? And what are they thinking now…” -A Regular Guy [Source: Daily Wire Comments Section]
- “She’s literally the upper-middle class, just like most hardcore marxists.” -Howard Morton
- “The more she speaks, the more she shows off her true ignorance. Keep it up She Guevara. :)” -Spicy Flavor Tide Pods
- “In one breath, she says the country has moved to the left. Then she admits the democrats have been on a losing streak. If the country had truly moved to the left, the Dems would be in control of both houses, the presidency and be the gubernatorial majority.” -The New Rev [Source: YouTube]
With each passing day, we discover just how unqualified Ocasio-Cortez is to be a leader. Yet the left keeps propping her up as the “future” of both their party and the country. Hopefully, enough New Yorkers will be smart enough to reject her.