When people used to say “the children are our future,” it was meant to be a message of inspiration and hope, but now, it’s a very depressing concept. A recent poll of Millennials and Generation Zers reveals that our future will be in the hands of people who don’t know very much other than they hate this country and capitalism.
The survey showed that nearly half of these young people think America is racist and unexceptional, but they absolutely love socialism. Hopefully, medical science will unlock the keys to eternal life so Baby Boomers and Gen Xers can continue to run the show.
The Foundation for Liberty and American Greatness (FLAG) commissioned a YouGov poll to gauge the patriotism levels in young people. The poll asked Americans under the age of 38 questions about their attitudes towards this country and its institutions. The results were disappointing, to say the least.
First, these young whippersnappers think America is a place of racial intolerance.
- Half of those surveyed believe the United States is sexist (50%) and racist (49%)
- 46% of younger Americans agree that “America is more racist than other countries”
- 38% of younger Americans do not agree that “America has a history that we should be proud of”
- 19% of Millennials believe that the American flag is “a sign of intolerance and hatred”
The US is the most racially, ethnically, religiously, and culturally diverse country on the planet. A vast majority of the world’s countries are mono-race/culture/religion and oppress or even kill people who are different.
The young people also don’t think much of America in general:
- American exceptionalism is on the decline. 46% of younger Americans do not agree that “America is the greatest country in the world”
- One in eight (14%) of Millennials agree that “America was never a great country and it never will be”
Nor do they care for a free market economy:
- 47% say America’s future should be driven by socialism over capitalism
When these young people find out that socialism means they have to turn over their entire paycheck so lazy people don’t have to work, they may change their minds on this one. Then again, they are apparently not all that bright:
- 84% of Americans do not know the specific rights enumerated in the First Amendment
This, however, is the most disturbing finding of the survey:
- 44% of younger Americans believe Barack Obama had a “bigger impact” on America than George Washington
On the one hand, you have a man who fought off the British and established our country, and on the other, there is a guy who played a lot of golf and trash talked Americans for bitterly clinging to their religion and guns. It’s close, but George Washington had a much bigger impact on this country.
FLAG founder Nick Adams was dismayed by the findings of this poll.
“We suspected that we would find decreasing numbers of Americans well-versed in our nation’s most important principles and young people less patriotic than the generations that came before, but we were totally unprepared for what our national survey reveals: an epidemic of anti-Americanism. That half of millennials and Gen Z believe that the country in which they live is both ‘racist’ and ‘sexist’ shows that we have a major fraction of an entire generation that has been indoctrinated by teachers starting in grade school that America is what’s wrong with the world,” said Adams.
Blaming TV, movies, and video games for things like mass shootings and declining morality is usually misdirected, but the media definitely deserves some credit here. These young people see nothing but Hollywood liberals complaining that America is terrible, and they start to believe it. The liberal fake news promotes the idea that America is racist and declining so the kids get it in their heads that we live in an unexceptional and racist country.
Schools no longer educate, but rather indoctrinate, and these kids are force-fed a steady diet of socialism, political correctness, and anti-Americanism. It’s not their fault so many of them feel the way they do because they’ve conditioned this way.