Rep. Ilhan Omar was allegedly caught six weeks ago having an extramarital affair with one of her political consultants, Tim Mynett. Omar immediately claimed her marriage was “doing fine” and denied any plans for divorce. Yesterday, Omar filed for a divorce from Ahmed Hirsi. She is blaming her “political opponents,” such as President Donald Trump, as the cause that led to the downfall of her 21-month marriage. Well, that’s when she got completely torched.
A day after Rep. Ilhan Omar officially filed for a divorce from her second husband, Ahmed Abdisalan Hirsi, the freshman congresswoman issued a statement blasting her “political opponents and the media” for having made the couple the “object of speculation and innuendo.”
“Ilhan and Ahmed have been the object of speculation and innuendo from political opponents and the media,” Omar’s attorney said in a statement on behalf of Omar and Hirsi. “This has taken a significant toll on Ilhan, Ahmed, and their three children.”
“As with all marriages, this is intensely personal and a difficult time for their family,” the statement continued. “Just like any other family navigating this kind of transition, Ilhan wishes to have their privacy respected for themselves and their children and will not be commenting any further.”
Oh, so her alleged affair with Tim Mynett had zero to do with breaking up her marriage?
The squad members are so transparent. They refuse to take responsibility for anything in their life, and then they always blame someone else. They are perpetual victims living out their lifelong victimhoods.
Ilhan blaming “political opponents,” which can translate easily into Trump and his supporters, for another marriage ending is downright pathetic. Conservative reporter Scott Johnson, who is one of the first to break Omar’s alleged marriage scandals by reporting she married her biological brother, weighed in on this latest development.
I offer the following brief comments:
• The petition for dissolution states in paragraph 1 that Omar has “not been known by other names.” We do not believe this to be the case. Her father goes by the name Nur Omar Mohamed. She reportedly has six siblings. Her only acknowledged sibling is Sahra Noor. We have yet to meet a sibling named Omar.
• Omar’s statement omits any mention of her affair with fundraiser Tim Mynett, first reported this past July by the Daily Mail.
• Omar’s refusal to respond to any questions beyond her statement is consistent with past practice. She has never spoken in substance about any of the multifarious issues raised by her marital history in her own words.
• Her 2016 statement to the contrary notwithstanding, the evidence strongly suggests that Omar never split from Hirsi before her election to Congress last year. Their alleged 2011 divorce “in their faith tradition” appears to be a fabrication.
• We reported that Omar was in fact divorced from Hirsi “in her faith tradition” earlier this year after Hirsi learned of her affair with Mynett.
• As I noted in “Omar’s lies proliferate,” Omar lied about the state of her marriage when asked about it by WCCO reporter Esme Murphy. Murphy won’t hold it against her.
• Omar is in Africa. She signed the petition for dissolution in Burkina Faso. I would guess the timing is not coincidental. She prefers to be unavailable for comment.
• My sources tell me that Hirsi was the brains behind Omar’s political career. She has used, abused, and dumped him. Although she is now the sole breadwinner in the family and he has devoted himself to raising their their three kids, she expressly seeks to deny him any award of spousal maintenance. Now that is cold.
Americans torched Ilhan over this latest divorce debacle.
“I can’t keep up… Is that the brother husband or a different husband?” tweeted Donald Trump Jr.
I can’t keep up… Is that the brother husband or a different husband? https://t.co/jhTVQkUXwv
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) October 7, 2019
“Meet @IlhanMN, Marries guy Divorces him Marries brother Divorces him Remarries first guy Separates from him Affair with Tim Claims first guy is happy First guy says he wants a divorce Ilhan Files for divorce Which divorce? Islamic or legal?” tweeted “Imam of Peace” which had over 14,000 likes.
Remarries first guy
Separates from him
Affair with Tim
Claims first guy is happy
First guy says he wants a divorce
Ilhan Files for divorce
Which divorce? Islamic or legal?
— Imam of Peace (@Imamofpeace) October 8, 2019
“Omar said the divorce request wasn’t due to the ‘adultery’ allegations ==> She really wants to walk that rope?” tweeted Wayne Dupree, the conservative talk show host.
Omar said the divorce request wasn't due to the "adultery" allegations
==> She really wants to walk that rope?
— Wayne Dupree 🎙🎥 (@WayneDupreeShow) October 8, 2019
“New York is suing for Trump’s tax returns to investigate whether campaign finances went towards paying Stormy Daniels Maybe they should investigate Ilhan Omar who just filed for divorce …Because she was literally caught paying $200K in campaign funds toward her affair,” tweeted Charlie Kirk, Founder & President of Turning Point USA.
New York is suing for Trump's tax returns to investigate whether campaign finances went towards paying Stormy Daniels
Maybe they should investigate Ilhan Omar who just filed for divorce
…Because she was literally caught paying $200K in campaign funds toward her affair
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) October 7, 2019
“Omar Files For Divorce Five Weeks After Telling Reporter On Video That She Wasn’t Separated (Marriage scandal that may involve campaign finance, immigration, marriage, and tax fraud!)” tweeted Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch. He added: “Evidence suggests Omar isn’t even Rep. Omar’s real name.”
Omar Files For Divorce Five Weeks After Telling Reporter On Video That She Wasn’t Separated (Marriage scandal that may involve campaign finance, immigration, marriage, and tax fraud!) https://t.co/mgpNiUrdui https://t.co/gEuiI8alkH
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) October 7, 2019
Ilhan Omar being in Africa tells us she timed this divorce exactly so she could not be hassled by conservative press. But you have to question her brain trust who let the Minnesota Congresswoman blame political rivals for a divorce when her affair was all over the news.
We sure hope this latest divorce debacle is the final straw for Minnesotans living in the 5th District. Even if they are Democrats, do all of those people agree with her perpetual victimhood status? There is nothing likable about Ilhan Omar, and she has only brought division and her anti-American rhetoric to Congress. It’s time for Minnesota to divorce Ilhan Omar for good.