Bombshell: Defense Secretary Orders Halt To Cooperation With Biden Transition Team

(This post may contain disputed claims. We make no assertions as to the validity of the information presented by our Opinion Columnist. We are an opinion blog, not a traditional news outlet, and this post should be treated as such. Enjoy.)

Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller reportedly ordered a halt to cooperation with Joe Biden’s transition team, resulting in canceled meetings building-wide. While the liberal press is attempting to downplay this development, Trump advisors are celebrating the move. You don’t want to miss this.

According to Axios, officials across the Defense Department were shocked at the directive and uncertain of what prompted the move. Apparently, a top Biden official was also stunned by the directive.

Administration officials told the news outlet that cooperation with Biden’s transition team could possibly resume after a holiday pause:

 Miller’s move, which stunned officials throughout the Pentagon, was the biggest eruption yet of animus and mistrust toward the Biden team from the top level of the Trump administration.

Meetings between President Trump’s team and the Biden team are going on throughout the government, after a delayed start as the administration dragged its feet on officially recognizing Biden as president-elect.

Then on Thursday night, Miller — who was appointed Nov. 9, when Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper right after the election — ordered officials throughout the building to cancel scheduled transition meetings.

However, a senior Defense Department official downplayed the move, calling it “a simple delay of the last few scheduled meetings until after the new year.”

“We had fewer than two dozen remaining meetings on the schedule today and next week,” the official said, adding that “the DoD staff working the meetings were overwhelmed by the number of meetings.”

“These same senior leaders needed to do their day jobs and were being consumed by transition activities. With the holidays we are taking a knee for two weeks. We are still committed to a productive transition.”

In reaction to the move, Trump campaign advisor Steve Cortes said on Twitter, “Good! Joe Biden could not get even a low-level security clearance right now. He’s compromised by the Chinese Communist Party.”

This halt to briefings to the Biden team comes on the heels of a high-level cyber attack. 

Cybersecurity experts have uncovered a malicious payload that was inserted into US companies and government agencies.  This “attack” affected the SolarWinds software which is used by companies around the world. Since this attack occurred months ago, it impacted the 2020 US elections.

The statement came as the U.S. intelligence community urgently investigates breaches at several government agencies, including the U.S. Treasury and Department of Commerce. The breach – which two people familiar with the investigation said was connected to a previously announced intrusion at cybersecurity firm FireEye – is currently believed to be the work of Russians.

The focus of the attack might have been the 2020 election and the software used, so foreigners could manipulate results in voting machines used in the election. We don’t know this for certain.

Cybersecurity expert Morgan Wright was on Fox’s Lou Dobbs’ show last night and discussed the recent cyber attack that hit the US which is possibly the biggest attack in US history. Hackers inserted malware into SolarWinds software updates, which impact thousands of companies in the US. Many companies, including the industrial-military complex companies, were impacted when the culprits unleashed their attack.

Lou Dobbs said he doesn’t remember the cyber community ever saying an attack was of “grave, grave danger” and that the Department of Homeland Security has no capacity to stop it.

This high-level cyber attack is being called as grave as “Pearl Harbor.” That’s why it’s no wonder the Trump administration is blocking the Biden transition team from defense briefings.

Many are speculating that this attack influenced the election. The foreign influence of Russia and/or China in the election would be to benefit Joe Biden, not President Trump.

And until this can be fully investigated, no one knows if the Democrats and the Biden campaign had advance knowledge of such an attack. Stay tuned, things are about to heat up. Others are also speculating this move means President Trump is about to take some dramatic moves regarding the 2020 election.

About Rebecca Diserio, Opinion Columnist 2680 Articles
Rebecca Diserio is a conservative writer and speaker who has been featured in numerous high profile publications. She's a graduate of St. Joseph High School in Lakewood, CA and worked as a Critical Care Registered Nurse at USC Medical Center. A former Tea Party spokesman, she helped manage Star Parker’s campaign for US Congress and hosted a popular conservative radio show where she interviewed Dr. Alveda King, Ann Coulter, David Limbaugh, and Michelle Malkin. A police widow, she resides in Southern California.