Nancy Pelosi and her Democrat cohorts were busy pushing impeachment through as the coronavirus spread. Meanwhile, it was President Donald Trump who was taking care of the American people by instituting precautions. Now, the Democrats and their media cohorts are spreading lies about the virus that we must correct. Don’t miss this.
COVID-19 has become a pandemic. However, this is nothing new. Americans lived through what clinicians will tell you were more deadly pandemics like H1N1 and Ebola. What is a real shame is that the coronavirus has become a political weapon by the Democrats and their media cohorts.
If the truth of this pandemic was ever needed to be told, it is now.
“We now know the cost of impeachment,” Joel Pollack writes via Breitbart. “While Democrats were diverting the attention and energy of the entire country into a pointless trial that could not possibly have ended in anything other than President Donald Trump’s acquittal, the coronavirus pandemic was beginning in China and arriving in the United States.”
- January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.
- January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens.
- January 21: The first person with coronavirus arrives in the United States from China, where he had been in Wuhan.
- January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.
- January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.
Then, on January 29, President Trump takes the step of forming his COVID-19 task force.
“Today, President Donald J. Trump announced the formation of the President’s Coronavirus Task Force. Members of the Task Force have been meeting on a daily basis since Monday. At today’s meeting, which the President chaired, he charged the Task Force with leading the United States Government response to the novel 2019 coronavirus and with keeping him apprised of developments,” White House public pool reports.
Of course, the mainstream media was too busy reporting on the Democrats’ impeachment efforts to alert the American people. The timeline only gets worse for Pelosi and her minions:
- January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.
- January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”
- February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.
- February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.
- February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.
- February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.
- February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia.
For twenty days, from the day the first death from coronavirus was known, Democrats did nothing about it. They were too busy with the president’s impeachment trial which Pelosi had delayed unnecessarily for several weeks.
To the extent that they commented on coronavirus at all, it was only to tear up the president’s remarks or to call him a racist. They told the nation that he, not coronavirus, was a threat to the national security of the United States.
In the midst of that all-consuming trial, it is remarkable Trump was able to do anything else at all. But he did, and one of the things he did was impose the China travel ban, just one day after the World Health Organization declared coronavirus a global health emergency and the day before the first victim of the pandemic died outside China.
For his trouble, Trump was criticized by the World Health Organization and called “hysterical” by his future 2020 rival.
At the time, the head of WHO joined the leftists by claiming that such bans “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” and could harm international cooperation. You see, many of these organizations are also political.
Just a few weeks later, the Democrat leaders were taken by surprise by the pandemic and bickered on cable news, asking why nothing was done sooner. Now, all they are doing is ratcheting up the panic.
Total: 40 US Coronavirus Deaths
♨️31: Washington State nursing homes (most, 22, from one facility)
♨️4: California elderly
♨️2: Florida elderly
♨️1: Elderly man in each of SD, NJ and Georgiahttps://t.co/pbHuCyxSBU https://t.co/SkrvIJtSpM
— Sharyl Attkisson🕵️♂️ (@SharylAttkisson) March 13, 2020
As of this writing, there have been 40 deaths of Americans. Twenty-two of those deaths were in one nursing home in Washinton state. The vast majority of Americans who have or will contract the virus will recover 100 percent. In fact, there is a good chance people won’t even know they have it.
The symptoms are the same as any flu. The bigger problem is not COVID-19. It’s the outlandish panic and misinformation. Do yourself a favor. Take the needed precautions and turn off the talking heads. Don’t allow the Democrats to use this as a political weapon. President Trump has done a far better job with his response to this pandemic than Barack Obama ever did with his response to the H1N1 Swine flu.